Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The draft ranking the options previously mentioned

I outlined 4 scenarios in my last post based on who the Cleveland Browns should pick with their first choice in the draft on Saturday:
Peterson
Quinn
Thomas
Johnson (or trading the pick)

If I'm the Cleveland Browns, I'm praying to the football gods that for some reason both Detroit and Oakland pass on CJ in the draft. You know anytime wanting to draft Johnson knows that TB will take him at #4. In this scenario, the Browns absolutely need to trade down and get extra picks so. If the Browns stay in the top 11, they'll get one of the following players that still fit their needs:
1) Quinn
2) Peterson
3) Levi Brown
4) Okoye
5) Carriker
6) Branch
7) Leon Hall (I think he's overrated)

If CJ isn't there, and Thomas is, the Browns should run, not walk to the podium to take a franchise LT.

If both CJ and Thomas are gone, I think Quinn is a better QB than Russel (I take production over potential), and take the ND qb (as much as I hate ND and Quinn).

Taking Peterson, while probably a top tier RB, isn't the best optioon for the Browns. They can get a RB in the 3rd round that can split time with Lewis this year and Harrison down the road. Tony Hunt, Michael Bush, Antonio Pittman, Chris Henry etc. There are just too many options to get a RB later in the draft and fill the Browns need

No comments: